Sunday 2 January 2011

Happy New Year from Mint

Well, it's 2011 already, huh? Happy New Year everyone! Being the failure of a student as I am, I spent mine largely sober, but I hope plenty of drunken merriment was had by the rest of you who prefer to be sozzled at the bells.

I didn't bother making any resolutions, mostly because I'll just forget them, although I am going to force myself back into my creative writing groove. I haven't written any decently lengthy creative pieces since the summer, and given that my next English module at university is composed of a lot of creative writing, it'd probably be a good idea to fix that. This should be easier with my shiny new netbook, since I'll be able to just get stuff written down when I think about it (usually during dull lectures) instead of waiting until I get home, at which point I'm usually tired and lazy and the daily caffeine buzz has worn off and the inspiration just ain't there anymore.

Anyway, as well as having a nice New Year, I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was rather enjoyable, although it seems as though most of my presents consisted of coffee and coffee-related things, including my very own milk frother. That said, there was the aforementioned netbook and my parents surprised me with an Amazon Kindle as well. Kindles are awesome by the way, just in case you were wondering.

So, my plans for the next year are thus far vague. Something like doing better at uni, getting better grades, that kinda thing. The caffeine addiction is staying though; it apparently stops me getting sick, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah... so I didn't have an actual topic for this post, but again, Happy New Year, enjoy 2011, and hopefully I'll manage to come up with some decent post ideas in the near future. Suggestions are welcome by the way.

1 comment:

  1. I fail to see what's wrong with a caffeine addiction, and as we've seen, I've not yet gotten past being willing to scribble down ideas/sketches whether the lecture is boring or no... *cough* anyway, happy new year, see you in February!

    ReplyDelete